PERFECT FOR Ski AND
The Omsight Shell is made from SympaTex which is 100% climate neutral membrane known to man today.
THE “SYMPATEX” BIB PANTS
Excellent comfort whatever the weather: waterproof, breathable, windproof.
There is nothing more unpleasant than wet and cold clothing. Sympatex has therefore
developed a special membrane which absorbs the water vapour and removes it through
the clothing to the outside. This keeps the body warm and dry even in extreme situations.
And the best thing about it is that the higher the physical activity, the more efficient the
Sympatex membrane works. Functional textiles with a Sympatex membrane also provide
effective protection from low temperatures and rain.
Weight: 578gsize Chart PRODUCT CARE
FABRICS & FEATURES
Basic membrane properties
– Compact hydrophilic membrane
– Completely safe copolymer (oxygen, carbon, hydrogen)
made of polyester and polyether
– 5 µm to 40 µm membrane thickness
– 100% waterproof
– Optimally breathable
– 100% windproof
– CO2-, oxygen- and water vapour permeable
– Can be stretched by up to 300%
– Elastic properties
– Easy care, poreless membrane, insensitive to dirt and detergent residues, no adverse effect on the membrane function
–Durably waterproof, regardless of whether it is washed,dry cleaned, subjected to permanent kinking,
or soiled by fuel or oil
– Excellent protection from viruses, bacteria and bodily fluids
– Resistance to various chemicals
– Suitable as a medical product due to its biocompatibility
– Thermal protection
– Protection from condensation
– 100% recyclable like a PET bottle
– 100% reusability of the polyester obtained during the recycling process
– Perfectly healthy product with Oeko-Tex®* Standard 100 certification, appendix 6, product class 1
– Compliance with extremely stringent regulations in the production process with bluesign® certification**
– Completely PTFE-free and PFC-free
– Climate-neutral production
In contrast to other membrane technologies, the poreless compact Sympatex membrane is based on a physical and chemical principle. The molecular structure of the Sympatex membrane swells in moisture and therefore provides space for water vapour transport and fast evaporation. This effect increases as the difference in temperature and moisture rises. A partial pressure gradient, which results from different temperature and humidity inside and outside, is the driving force for the water vapour transport through the membrane
WIND CHILL EFFECT
The Sympatex membrane is 100% windproof.
This functional property is important to avoid the wind chill effect, the subjective feeling of feeling cold in the wind.
The wind removes the warming layer of air from around the body. The perceived temperature
is lower than the actual temperature. No wind chill effect with Sympatex membrane: 0 litres of air per second pass through 1 m² of Sympatex membrane. This means that according to DIN EN ISO 9237, the Sympatex membrane is absolutely windproof and prevents any drop in performance.